Friday, April 24, 2009

This weeks works in progress

I've been flat out this week finishing my mirrors, a cupboard, a couple of kitchen hooks and also some beaded bookmarks and hat pins.
I thought I'd make a few smaller, cheaper things for next weeks market. The bookmarks and hat pins are so sweet and will be retailing for between $15 and $20 so they will make a lovely affordable gift for mum or whoever or even yourself.
I also picked up a couple of cute decorative wire hooks, I've mosaiced one and will be doing the other one the same. It has a sweet little teapot tile handmade by CMKSculptures and finished with my favourite pink glass. It still needs to be grouted.
These will retail for $25 each.
The cupboard I've been working on is utterly shabbylicous. It's a gorgeous shade of green, rubbed back in places to give that lovely chippy look. I used a lot of china, and glass on this including the beautiful glass that I used on my violin. I also added some porcelain hearts from CMKSculptures (I must put in another order with Carol) I added some fresh water pearls, pink glass nuggets and pretty textured mirror as an added touch.
I'll be grouting this on Monday hopefully.
These and all my other shabby chic mosaics and pretties will be for sale at the Kalamunda Market next Saturday the 2nd May

2 comments:

  1. You have been very busy . Beautiful things .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey...thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Your work is lovely I especially like the country cow mosaic plaque in your shop and the bookmarks above and in Etsy they are so unusual and I love that...xx

    ReplyDelete