Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mixed media art on canvas, my new passion!

Have I been having fun with these canvases this week or what?! I've always wished I could paint, I envy all of those brilliant artists out there who can. But, I've found a way, it's kind of cheating but it's a lot of fun for the frustrated painter such as myself.
I went and bought myself some of these ready stretched canvases, got myself some acrylic paint, some lovely paper prints, buttons, cameos and the such and got started.
These are the first of my creations and I have plenty more up my sleeve that I will be working on over the next few weeks. The only thing is, I have 2 more violins that I have to mosaic, my treadle to finish, my mother in laws mirrored torso manequinn and more jewellery to make. Do you think I may be taking on a little too much?! All this plus a VERY active little 3 yr old?! Oh well, I guess it keeps me off the streets huh!
I've always been a crafty, creative person but lately I just can't stop myself. It seems the more I do the more I want to keep doing. It's like an addiction, it's all I talk about, it's all I do in my spare time. When I say 'spare' time, I mean time I should be house cleaning or sleeping etc lol, I think I'm turning into a bit of an insomniac too.
It's getting a little tricky tho as my son has decided that he's just about had enough with his afternoon nap eeeekkkkkk!!! I can get him to have a sleep on some days but mostly he'd rather play and get into my "pretty" things. He's so funny, he loves checking out all of my bling and beads etc that I have for my art and says "ooooh thaaaat's preeetttyyyy!". I think I have a little 'arteest' in the making.
Anyway, here's some photos of my latest creations, I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I've had in making them.
They all measure 30cm x 30cm (12" x 12")
(((hugs)))

Mixed media collage painting on canvas - Roses n Buttons Heart $45 AUD
Mixed media collage painting on canvas - Pansy n Buttons Heart $45 AUD Mixed media on painting on canvas - Tea For One $45 AUD
These will be listed on my website when I get a chance but in the meantime if you wish to purchase one please email me.

2 comments:

  1. They are beautiful :) sounds like you are really busy with your makes. than ks for your lovely comments on my little fair. was a lovely day but a very stressful build up to it, thats me all over I am afraid, leave everything until last minute and then wonder why I am all stressed ;)

    Hugs

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really beautiful no wonder you're an addict !

    ReplyDelete