Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm obsessed with scrapbooking and need to refocus!

I'm afraid my mosaicing has been put on the backburner for a while since I started scrapbooking with my playgroup friends. What started out as something I was only going to do one evening a fortnight with my scrapbook buddies has become an obsession. It's totally taken me over, I had no idea it would be that addictive. I went all out, had to buy everything for my new found hobby. I've been printing off hundreds of photos (still thousands to go) all of my gorgeous son Joshua who just turned 3 1/2 last week.

It all started when one of the mums invited us over for a "Creative Memories" workshop party. I didn't buy much that night as I said it wouldn't be something I'd do very often. We then all agreed that we'd make a regular thing of it, just the bunch of us at someones house 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month while the Dads had the bubs.
It was just to get us all out of the house and do something socially but at the same time being productive. I thought it was a great idea as I could set those nights aside for scrapbooking and I would still have plenty of evenings left for mosaicing. BOY, was I wrong, that scrapbooking monster totally took me over and I've hardly mosaiced at all. If I wasn't scrapbooking I was either on the internet shopping for scrapbooking goodies or I was on Harvey Norman photo site getting my photos ordered ready for scrapbooking.


Alas, I need to get a grip, I need to refocus and get back into my mosaics. All being well with the weather on Saturday 3rd October, I will be having a stall at the Kalamunda Village Market. I had a few there through the autumn months but stopped during winter.
I have lots of beautiful creations to offer as well as a few new items including a couple of new mosaics, paintings and jewellery.

I have started another violin too, this one will be a lot different to my last violin. I've used pretty blues and pinks and instead of full on roses this one has more of a pansy theme, very pretty!

1 comment:

  1. I know how it feels but the compulsion does wear off a bit and you'll only be a little obsessed then ! Have fun,they are wonderful treasures for your kids .

    ReplyDelete