Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shabby Chic Mosaic Treadle Sewing Machine Table and My Open Day

My new pride and joy is finally completed!

Wow, nothing like a deadline to get your butt into gear huh?!
This Sunday 18th October is "Kalamunda Open Studios" day in the gorgeous Perth Hills WA and I was hoping to be part of it. Unfortunately tho you have to have an "actual studio" and mine isn't classed as one so I've decided to have my very own "open porch day" like a garage sale but just have all my handmade jewellery, mosaics and other goodies
for sale. You can even enjoy the stunning views over the national park and city too while you browse.
So with the day quickly approaching I've been flat out making a few more pieces of jewellery, keyrings and at last finishing my gorgeous treadle machine. It's been sitting almost finished in my dining room for, I can't even remember how long but yesterday I finally finished it.

I love it, I'm so happy with it! I so wish I could keep this but there is no room in my teeny tiny home unfortunately so here it is, up for grabs for some lucky buyer. I'm going to really be sorry to see this go :-(

I picked up the treadle table about a year ago and couldn't wait to get started on it. I used heaps of beautiful vintage china and lots of glass in pinks, blue, green and white.
It was missing one of the drawers so I removed the other one and have replaced them with
"faux drawers" with a gorgeous glass heart knob on each.

The long centre front drawer still opens, I think it was used for needles etc and could be used to hide your keys etc.


The sides have been partly mosaiced but I left the decorative timber in between.

It is just to be used as a decorative "show off" piece so it no longer opens up, it's been created to be shown off in pride of place.
The base itself is beautiful too, quite an ornate base in great condition.

This truly is absolutely stunning and will be a beautiful addition to any home.
Measurements - 93cm long x 46cm wide x 78cm high
$1200 AUD


These are the latest in my mosaic jewellery line, mosaic bracelets
$45 AUD




3 comments:

  1. Your work is always so beautiful but that table is just stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this table is sold, but it is one of the most beautiful pieces of furniture I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much anon. It is sold, the lady picked it up a few weeks ago : )
    I guess I better get started on another one! lol

    ReplyDelete